Sunday, March 14, 2010

Did I pick the right major?

So, time changed if no one knew this, I did know it, but my blackberry decided not to change over, and I was literally rushing around and beat a record getting ready..20 mins and at church right at 9 a.m. Wow, I know right? So, this week hasn't been that entertaining in the life of Admissions, just trying to get to know the ropes, and just really excited about talking to the students on the phone, seeing if they are going to be continuing to the W or not, and so far I have had only 2 that are not, so that is good right? ha As many people have asked me, YES, I am working during Spring Break, although there are no students on campus and everyone else has left, but that is when students come to the W to check us out. I can agree to that since I have 8 campus tours I will be giving this week. I am pretty excited about it, because it will make the work week go by faster:).

Let me explain the title of my blog, I feel like I should have chose Sports editor or something along those lines as my minor. I really wasn't going to get into basketball like I do football, because it is just so frustrating and watching the closeness in all the games. Being a Mississippi State fan, you would think I have gotten use to this, but it isn't true, every game I get so worked up and excited. Thankfully there are no cameras, because it is a funny sight where my family is laughing..why can not I realize that this is just a game. ha So, State did a really great job in the SEC tournament, and it all came down to one second and one point in overtime..not a great ending, then they ended up being snubbed in the NCAA tournament bracket. That is just wrong..is it football season yet? No, not yet, but getting pretty excited about April 17 getting to watch the Maroon and White game at State, and seeing the most enthusiastic coach ever..Dan Mullen!

I read Dan's tweets, and he is so motivating and is really working out the football team. Seriously, I believe I need him as my trainer, especially since a light bulb just went off in my head that I am going to the beach with my family Memorial Day weekend, and right now I might be confused with some of the whales out in sea! ha So, I have sucked up my pride, and asked a friend to give me a hardcore boot camp workout to get in shape in 10 weeks. Starting tomorrow, I will give you updates by the end of the week. ha If I haven't responded you know I died, and someone else can take my spot on the trip:).

Lastly, I am apart of a Relay for Life team called the Cureseekers, and we are doing really well with raising money for our goal!! I am doing a Premier catalog show to help meet my goal, so if you want to treat yourself to jewelry let me know:). My personal goal is $250, and if you would like to donate just to help the cause. My family has been hit so hard with cancer through our loved ones and my sweet friends, I think it is amazing how so many people come together and help raise money for this great cause! Here is my sight:http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10MS?px=9425481&pg=personal&fr_id=22613. Thank you in advance for your donation!! Happy Spring Break and work week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment