Sunday, May 9, 2010

Who I want to be!

Wow, what a ride. I have been on a wonderful experience of learning the ropes of being an admissions counselor. I have experienced an all day college fair, which was pretty interesting. It was hard, standing there and realizing that people do not want to come to an university that says for women..they would come by and make fun of the name, but I also realized that we do have really great students out there who are interested in coming to the university, and that makes it all worth it. Right now, I am traveling on the road to all different high schools to award's ceremonies that will give students scholarship that they have been awarded to come to MUW. It is pretty exciting, but what I am really excited about is that I get to recruit students that I have talked with at fairs, and I have met. So, people keep asking me how is the job going, well I am loving it! Yes, it is stressful at some times, but I know that this job is for me, because I love new things and meeting new people. Also, this job is helping to become a really great guidance counselor:).

I am at this stage of my life, that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is either getting married or having babies, and I started a new job, which is a new chapter, but I feel that I am way behind in everything..marriage and babies! ha Which seriously, I am not really ready for seriousness, ha but would love to realize why do guys not pursue GOOD GIRLS! I have been struggling in just writing out what I have to do to prepare myself to be a great girlfriend and future wife:). The one person I do look at for this help is my mother, obviously today is Mother's Day, and I can't think of anyone else who I can look up to as a role model than her! She has shown me how to love, care for others, and to be the person I can be. She is an amazing wife, mother, sister, and friend. Seriously, she can do it all!! That is why I am looking for her to help me to be the best I can as well. ha I am challenging myself to be the Proverbs 31 woman. To cook, clean, host, take care of the needy, to be there as a friend, sew:), and just be the domestic woman who knows how to do it all! Oh yes, to have confidence in myself as my husband would have confidence in me! So, with my busy schedule, I am really hoping to get started with this very soon..like sewing might be my first task:). This will definitely let me get closer to God, but also to find the inner self in me, to feel more confident! So, I will keep you posted! ha

My next challenge is running in a 5K in December in Memphis for the St. Jude Marathon. Running is not my favorite, but running a 5K is something I have wanted to do to knock off on my bucket list. So, it is definitely going to be a challenge, but will feel good to accomplish something this big, but such a great cause as well! So, let the training begin:). On that note as well, I am shaping up well, but very slowly..don't see pounds just know I am toning up! ha I know you have been wondering;). Seriously, with Tammy's help, it has made me have a different outlook on what I eat and how much I spend my time working out. Things that I use to love or ate just because I could, I have given it a different look at, but my love for chocolate is still there:). So, I know I might have bored you enough, so here is an update...18 more days until the beach..WOOHOO!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for doing what you do to help MUW keep attracting quality students who appreciate what it has to offer them. I was one of those students who did NOT want to go to a WOMEN'S college but I am so glad I did! One of the smartest moves I ever made and for that reason, I'm glad we are STILL Mississippi University for WOMEN!

    ReplyDelete